- The company was founded in 1945, initially providing repair services for trucks, cars and buses from different manufacturers and brands that survived the Second World War. Various spare parts were being manufactured.
- In the 50’s, the company operated under the name Gliwicka Wytwórnia Części Samochodowych. Pistons, valves, gears (gearboxes, differential gears, wheel reduction gears) saddles to trailers were manufactured.
- The production of main transmission gears, differential gears for Berliet buses was started.
- In the early 80’s, the company has tied up with the mining industry and was named Zakład Urządzeń Górniczych „GLIMAG”. After investing in new machine tools (large machining centers, boring machines) longwall shearers, gearboxes for heading machines, conveyor belts and scraper conveyors were produced.
- s a result of restructuring, since 2002 ZUG “GLIMAG” is a private company and operates under the name Zakłady Mechaniczne GLIMAG S.A.
The location of the company on the outskirts of Gliwice and Silesia, near DK 88 expressway and A4 motorway is convenient for the transport of materials and products.
Currently Zakłady Mechaniczne GLIMAG S.A. is a manufacturer of a variety of mechanical transmissions for mining and hoisting industry and provides services in the field of transmission maintenance and assembly, machining various parts of the machines and heat treatment. Products and machining and heat treatment services provided by the company are also targeted at customers in other industries.
Part of the production is exported. Currently Zakłady Mechaniczne GLIMAG S.A. employs 105 employees.
Equipment, Production Capacity
The core of the business is production, repairs of the following toothed gears for the mining industry and production of spare parts.
- conveyor drive reducer 11/13 for a heading machine AM-50
- traversing gear reducer 15/256 and 11/257 for a heading machine AM-50
- cutting head reducer 100/20 for a heading machine AM-50
- scrapers drive reducer
- return and driving drums
- HELICAL GEARS TYPE:
JG and WG series with a power of 1.5 kW to 40 kW designed to change the speed and torque of various mechanisms of the working machines,
Gwarek 1000, B1000 with a power of 50 kW to 132 kW (a drive for conveyor belts, various machinery and mining equipment as well as non-mining equipment and machinery).
- PLANETARY – BEVEL GEARS TYPE:
PPL–14/22–P with a flange connection with a power of 22 kW (a drive for scraper conveyors type SKAT, PRP – 150)
KPL15 with a power of 250 kW and KPL25 with a power of 315 kW (a drive for scraper conveyors PPZ–750,
PSZ– 750, PSZ–900, Rybnik 85 and belt conveyor Gwarek 1200, 1400),
AP400 – 22/30 with a power of 30 kW do 37 kW depending on the ratio (a drive for scraper conveyors
RKP 450 with a power of 50 kW to 75 kW (replacement gear for AP450 ) and RKP 500 with a power of 90kW
- BEVEL – HELICAL GEARS TYPE:
KZT with a power of 50 kW to 100 kW depending on the ratio as a replacement gear for A-25 type (drive for belt conveyors including MIFAMA type used in aggregates processing),
reducers of the KG series with a power of 1.5 kW to 40 kW,
PPL-14/22 (drive for scraper conveyors SKAT, PRP–150, PZG–180/440 ).
- HELICAL – PLANETARY GEARS TYPE:
WPL15 with a power of 250 kW (a drive for scraper conveyors PPZ–750, PSZ–750, PSZ–900, Rybnik 85 and belt conveyors Gwarek 1200, 1400 )
- reducers 3RSW250 – 640 and 4RSW250 – 640 for lifting mechanisms of crane equipment.
- wheel sets type ZK 200-900 used in crane equipment